- Martha Guy Summer Institute for Future Business Leaders (MGSI)
- Are you a high school junior interested in business and looking for a summer opportunity?
- Well the Martha Guy Summer Institute for Future Business Leaders (MGSI) is for you!!!! This is a residential experience where you live on Appalachian State’s campus for two weeks and then spend the last week traveling to various business and cultural/entertainment sites. They are seeking students that are sincerely interested in business as a college major and demonstrate leadership potential.
- Tuition for the program is $1,800 plus a meal plan fee of $350 (need-based scholarships are available to qualified applicants).
- The deadline to apply is Feb 24 2017.
- For more information, please email email@example.com or visit marthaguy.appstate.edu.
- North Carolina HOBY Leadership Seminar
- The North Carolina HOBY Leadership Seminar is a 3-day leadership program for approximately 140 rising high school juniors held each June in Raleigh.
- HOBY Ambassadors have an opportunity to develop their critical thinking skills, learn about their personal leadership styles, and form an appreciation for community service. They attend panel sessions featuring prominent speakers from our government, businesses, media, and educational communities. They participate in leadership development workshops and activities. HOBY Ambassadors also participate in a community service project and learn how they can lead in service in their own communities.
- As a result of their experiences, the high school Ambassadors return to their schools and communities eager to make a difference and share what they have learned.
- The HOBY NC East 2016 Seminar will take place from Fri June 17 to Sun June 19, 2016 at NC State University. If you are interested, please see Mrs. Chambers in the student services office
- A website resource that helps students research career ideas.
- The site authors write: "[k]nowing where the job openings are in the near future is the key to deciding on a postsecondary education that will prepare you for a rewarding career!"
- Visit Careeroutlook.us today. You can also use their website to do a career assessment.
- National Honor Society
- Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in the Media Center at 8:30. All subjects, all students.
Keeping Track of Activities
- It is very important during a student's high school career that they seek enrichment opportunities during the school year and summer. Many area businesses, organizations and colleges offer these opportunities for high school students.
- Keep track of these activities using this handy form.
- This will be helpful when writing a resume.